SPA CENTRAL TERMINAL: THE SPA EXPERIENCE BRINGS FREE FACIALS, MASSAGE, AND OTHER PLEASURES TO GRAND CENTRAL
NEW YORK, NY (October 16, 2007) − Free hot stone massages, seaweed facials, and even a pumpkin hand treatment just in time for Halloween are just a few of the signature spa treatments that spa enthusiasts will enjoy at The Spa Experience at Grand Central Terminal, organizers announced today.
The four-day event from October 31 to November 3 will transform Grand Central Terminal’s Vanderbilt Hall into a free hands-on spa exhibition showcasing 50 of the world’s premier spa travel destinations and spa beauty companies.
Presented by SpaFinder, the world’s largest spa media and marketing company, The Spa Experience will give the 750,000 commuters and shoppers who pass through the terminal each day the opportunity to immerse themselves in the spa lifestyle and book a spa vacation.
Spa treatments and product samples to be offered at The Spa Experience include:
- Pumpkin facial and pumpkin cream pie hand treatment from Oasis Day Spa
- Count Chocula hand and arm mask, a nourishing, hydrating, antioxidant wrap and massage featuring Mountain Body Chocolate Skin Food, from Red Mountain Spa
- Proper foundation shade selection and makeup application, from Jane Iredale – The Skin Care Makeup®
- Newly radiant skin thanks to an Alpha-Beta Professional Peel, valued at $225, from MD Skincare® by Dr. Dennis Gross
- A 20-minute skin treatment -- Ultimate Body Lift, Moisture Maximizer, or Intensive Body Firmer -- from Clarins Skin Spa
- Individual spa treatments, plus a consultation (Oct. 31 only) with the Spa Elder, an expert who creates customized treatments based on time-honored Jamaican traditions that incorporate indigenous herbs, plants, and sea botanicals -- from Fern Tree, the spa at Half Moon
- IMT (Carotid Ultrasound Intimal-Medial Thickness) testing from Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa
- Hot-stone hand massage and mini neck-and-shoulder massages from Red Door Lifestyle Spa at the Hyatt Regency Bonaventure
- BlackBerry hand massage from Hyatt Pure Spas
- Pulsar (light and sound experience), scalp and hand massage from Tourism Quebec
- Thai Ritual Foot Cleansing and Massage from Body Holiday St. Lucia
- On-the-go version of Repechage Seaweed Oxygen Facial from CuisinArt Resort & Spa
- Rejuvenating treatment and deep massage for the hands, featuring Arevita products, from Darphin Paris
- Upper-body massage, intensive eye lift, and microdermabrasion hand treatment using the age-fighting power of caviar, from La Prairie at the Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
- Product samples from Avon Wellness and Radisson Resorts, Aruba & St. Martin
- Learn the art and science of myofascial release, using tennis balls, from Rancho La Puerta
- 3D topographical map displays of The Cliffs, the spa-lifestyle residential communities
- Chakra alignment using healing-crystal "singing bowls," from The Lodge at Woodloch
- Aveda hand therapy treatments from Ste. Anne’s Spa
- Detoxifying pressotherapy mini-facials, organic hand and foot treatments, and yoga demonstrations from Moss Spa & Yoga
- A custom-blended hydrosol (floral water) spritzer from Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
- Reiki healing massage from Élan Resorts and Spa
- Indian hand massage and back/neck/shoulder massage from Emerson Resort & Spa 25-minute traditional Rainforest Massage, using solar-infused herbal oils of organic marjoram, lime, lavender, sage and patchouli from Gran Melia Puerto Rico
- Hand and foot reflexology based on local Junkanoo traditions from Islands of the Bahamas
- Hand exfoliation and massage treatments from the Israel Ministry of Tourism
- The Graceful Face, a sequence of rejuvenating masques and free-radical-fighting thermal waters, from Saybrook Point Inn and Spa
- Deluxe Energy Balancing Hand Massage, an invigorating sugar scrub followed by slow, sensuous warm compresses, concluded with a meridian point energy massage from Sedona
- Rouge Hotel & Spa
- Rejuvenating hand treatment from Skana, the Spa at Turning Stone
- A mini-Sphatika Experience: Hand and foot massage using Sphatika’s quartz crystal skincare line, while listening to the Sphatika healing CD on a Bose noise-cancelling headset, from Sphatika Holistic Treatment Center
Spa enthusiasts will also be able to vie for valuable sweepstakes prizes, including a five-night trip for two to Body Holiday St. Lucia in the West Indies, $525 jar of Darphin Paris’s Stimulskin Plus Cream, and five nights at SAMAS Deluxe Destination Spa at the five star Park Hotel Kenmare in South West Ireland.
Even those who can’t attend the event can win: Vermont’s Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa and supporting sponsor JetBlue Airways are offering the chance to win a luxury three-night package that includes airfare, accommodations, and Stoweflake’s spa treatments. Enter to win at http://wwww.spafinder.com/thespaexperience
Completing Grand Central Terminal’s spa transformation, restaurants and shops throughout the terminal will feature spa-related discounts and specials, from free stress-relief treatments at Aveda to a $5 discount on special spa meals at Wild Edibles. Other participating retailers include Ciao Bella Gelato, Francesco’s Salon, Origins, and Zaro’s Bread Basket.
“Our goal is for everyone to leave Grand Central not only refreshed and ready to take on the city – but also inspired to book a trip to one of the world-class spas participating in The Spa Experience,” said Sallie Fraenkel, chief operating officer of SpaFinder, Inc.
The Cliffs Communities is presenting sponsor and Avon Wellness and JetBlue are supporting sponsors of The Spa Experience. Media sponsors include: Moffly Publications, publisher of Greenwich Magazine, Westport Magazine, and New Canaan-Darien Magazine; New York Moves magazine; Wainscot Media, publisher of New York Spaces and Bergen Health & Life; and Westchester Magazine.
For more information about The Spa Experience, please visit www.spafinder.com/thespaexperience
Copyright © 2007, SpaFinder, Inc. Information and data extracted from this press release is to be accompanied by a statement identifying SpaFinder (Inc.) as the publisher and source.
About SpaFinder, Inc.:
The world’s largest spa marketing and media company, SpaFinder reaches millions wellness-focused consumers via its global media network, including the award-winning SpaFinder.com, Luxury SpaFinder magazine and the annual Worldwide Guide to Spas. SpaFinder Europe and SpaFinder Japan offer regional spa marketing programs, including localized, native-language websites showcasing day spas, salon spas, and onsens. Redeemable at 4,000+ spas worldwide and available at thousands of retail outlets across North America and the United Kingdom, SpaFinder Gift Certificates and Gift Cards represent the world’s largest spa gifting program.