The Ultimate "Staycation": Spa Experience Aspen Offers Free Spa Treatments from Over 30 of World's Top Spas August 9-10, 2008
NEW YORK, NY (July 08, 2008) − With a shaky economy and rising gas prices, The Spa Experience Aspen, featuring free spa treatments from more than 30 of the world’s finest spas, is shaping up to be the ultimate “staycation” of the summer.
From August 9 – 10th, spa enthusiasts, wellness seekers, and armchair travelers can experience free treatments from spas as far-flung as Vietnam, Czechoslovakia, France, and Mexico at The Spa Experience Aspen, a two-day celebration of everything the spa lifestyle has to offer.
Expanding to two-days following the success of last year’s inaugural event, The Spa Experience Aspen will give thousands of visitors the opportunity to immerse themselves in spa travel, beauty, wellness, and cuisine. The event is presented by SpaFinder, the global spa resource.
For two days, guests can experience free spa treatments, sample cuisine, and plan and book a spa vacation from more than fifty of the world’s finest spas and spa lifestyle companies. Last year, more than 57 million Americans visited a spa.
Participating spas range from Mexico’s Rancho La Puerta to California’s Cal-a-Vie to Vietnam’s Nam Hai. Special exhibits will be offered by sponsors Sphatika Spa & Skincare Line, Pevonia Botanica, Red Rock Winery, and FRS.
Treatments, demonstrations, and exhibits to be offered at The Spa Experience Aspen include:
- Skin analysis with the “Skin Scanner” by Pevonia Botanica
- Mini Sphatika Experience including facials and massages with the Sphatika Skincare line
- Merlot wine tastings from Red Rock Winery
- Make-up color match and skin analysis from Aspen Club & Spa
- Aromatherapy treatments and massages from Ojai Valley Inn & Spa
- Facial treatments with Cura-C products by Borghese
- Cooking tips and tastings form award-winning Canyon Ranch Chef Scott Uehlein
- Thai massages by Chiva-Som, Wildflower Hall in the Himalayas, and Nam Hai in Viet Nam
- Discovery facials and scalp, neck & shoulder soothers by Clarins Skin Spa
- IMT testing for measuring cardiovascular health by Pritikin Longevity Center and Spa
- Tastings from creative chef Jesus Gonzalez from Rancho La Puerta
- Blackberry hand massages by Red Mountain Spa
- Hand, foot, and skin treatments featuring the new product line from Remede Spa at the St. Regis, Aspen
- Ayurvedic wellness treatments by the Spa at Sedona Rouge
- Travel consultations by Virtuoso
“Spas are the driving force behind so many of the trends reshaping how we live today – travel, wellness, healthy cuisine, and more,” said Sallie Fraenkel, Chief Operating Officer of SpaFinder. "At a time when high gas prices are making it difficult to travel afar, this is an extraordinary opportunity to experience the world’s best spas and plan and save for the perfect spa trip.”
The Spa Experience Aspen sponsors and partners include Sphatika Spa & Skincare Line, Pevonia Botanica, Red Rock Winery, FRS Health Energy, Aspen Center for Integral Health, Aspen Club & Spa, Aspen Magazine, and BeThree.
About SpaFinder, Inc. :
The world’s largest spa media, marketing and gifting company, SpaFinder, Inc. connects millions of wellness-focused consumers with thousands of spas worldwide. SpaFinder’s media properties include the award-winning Spafinder.com, Luxury SpaFinder Interactive and the worldwide spa directory, Global SpaFinder. Spa Finder Gift Certificates and its new gift division, Spa & Salon Wish, offer spa gift certificates and cards that are redeemable at a combined network of over 5,000+ spas and salons worldwide and are available at thousands of retail outlets. The company’s software division innovates new solutions to help spas build and streamline their businesses, including the popular SpaBooker online booking system. SpaFinder Europe and SpaFinder Japan offer regional spa marketing and gifting programs, including localized, native-language websites. Founded in 1986, the privately held company is headquartered in Manhattan.